Wine Simmered Squid
My grandpa made this when I was little, and it’s got to be one of my most favourite comfort foods. I eat it all by itself, pretty much anytime. Lunch, snack, appetizer, or dinner.
1 pkg squid (tubes & tentacles), chopped
2-3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
2 cups white wine (or more depending on how much sauce you want)
1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Make a roux with butter and flour.
2. Add wine and stir until combined.
3. Add garlic, cayenne, and squid.
4. Simmer on medium to low for 25 to 30 minutes or until squid is tender.
5. Season with a good amount of coarse sea salt and pepper (to taste).