this recipe is taken directly from the Joy of Cooking cookbook (my Holy Bible)
7/8 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
hot beef drippings or melted butter
The ingredients must be at room temperature when mixed or they will not puff.
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Sift the four and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the center. Pour the milk into the well. Stir in the milk. Beat the eggs until fluffy then beat them into the batter. Add the water. Beat the batter well until large bubbles rise to the surface. You may let the batter stand covered and refrigerated for up to 1 hour. When ready to bake, then beat it thoroughly again.
Heat a 9”x12” oven proof dish or muffin tins with about 1/4 inch hot beef drippings or melted butter added to them. Pour the batter into the hot tins. Bake the pudding for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350°F and bake 10-15 minutes longer. Serve it at once.
12 Notes/ Hide
- foodstoriesblog reblogged this from hellofoodie and added:
- foodstoriesblog likes this
- killerpolaroids likes this
- piebasedpunnery reblogged this from hellofoodie
- kendyltrent reblogged this from hellofoodie
- kendyltrent likes this
- fivemoon reblogged this from hellofoodie
- roxashighwind likes this
- dmarxbringit reblogged this from surviveawholelife
- surviveawholelife reblogged this from hellofoodie
- manonsochefare likes this
- brum0us likes this
- deannajackson likes this
- hellofoodie posted this